Here are some of the MANY reasons why drinking green tea can become a part of your daily beverage intake!
People in China and Japan have always had lower levels of heart disease than people in Western countries.
Researchers now agree that green tea is, at least in part, responsible for this.
It has also been found that Asian populations that consume green tea have lower overall rates of cancer.
Did you know that:
1) The main antioxidants in green tea, EGCG’s (epigallocatechin-3 gallate), are 25 – 100 times more potent than vitamins C and E!
2) 1 Cup of green tea containing 20 – 40mg of polyphenols has antioxidant activity greater than a serving of broccoli, spinach, carrots or strawberries!
In the light of this it is easy to understand the following list of benefits associated with the consumption of green tea. Green tea helps to:
1) Slow down the aging process in your brain.
2) Halt the symptoms of cognitive decline.
3) Decrease cholesterol levels.
4) Reduce atherosclerosis formation (narrowing of the arteries).
5) Reduce blood pressure.
6) Normalise and maintain healthy blood sugar levels - it may prevent Type 2 diabetes.
7) Reduce the incidence of certain cancers.
The research available for this is remarkable and some American cancer institutes are thinking of using green tea compounds as chemo-preventative agents in human trials!
8) Decrease the incidence of heart attacks
Some anecdotal reports link green tea to increased weight loss and a healthier, younger looking skin.
Need I say more!? I’m off for a cup of tea…